September 17, 2009

9-12-09

I am planning on opening a clothing closet at Third Baptist Church, it probably won't open untill early October because I will have so many preperations. I have been planning everything for this all through the summer. I have come up with safety plans, budgets, timelines, everything you could think of.

This is for low income families in and around the dowtown community. This will help them meet the basic needs for life, one of which is clothing. I am oging to be starting this from scratch, I had the idea first, so therefore I will be taking responisibility for it.

I came up with the idea when someone came up to a awhile ago asking if the church has any supply of clothes. They really needed to get somewhere like the Goodwill or St. Vinncent de Paul, but of course they had no means of getting there.

This will be a hard task, and it will be very new to me, but I am welcoming this new challenge. I think this will prove to be a very rewrding task. I am hoping to create a lasting impact on the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment