September 21, 2009

9-20-09

I have had butterflies in my stomach all morning. Earlier I found out I would be making a public announcement about the clothing closet and me needind donations. I have never been good with public speaking, but I am working on it.

I was trembling as I made my way down to the pulpit, and I could barely hold my paper. I had to write down EXACTLY what I was going to say or I would for sure forget something. I started talking slow and quiet. But then it all seemed to come to me. I was talking loud and clear, with a slight tremble in my voice. You could only hear it if you were listened for it. I know in the future I will be making more announcements about this, so I will be working on my public speaking skills in the meantime.

I hope I work on them quickly, because I have to make another announcement at the Leadership Team meeting tonight and another after that at the Business Meeting. I really need to get to work on what EXACTLY I am going to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment